BG Angels in Need is established to be a charity whose purpose is to advance health by providing grants of financial assistance to children living in Bulgaria who are in need of medical treatment that their families or carers cannot afford. The Charity was founded in 2014 in the United Kingdom by Radka Kukusheva.
The idea of setting up a charity came as a result of Radka’s frequent interactions with her friend’s child who suffered from cerebral palsy and was of need of expensive medication and equipment. Radka decided to organize a campaign to raise funds for the child’s treatment. Seeing the pain, the family was going through and the strong will of the child to walk and be an independent human being pushed Radka to try and help others in the same position. This is how BG Angels in Need was born.
At the moment the Charity is helping 4 children of different ages who suffer from different motor disabilities. They are in different stages of treatment and in need of various help. More about each individual case can be found on: www.bgangelsinneed.org.uk/causes-bg-angels-in-need
The Charity’s objects are specifically restricted to the following:
• To advance health among children living in Bulgaria who suffer from cerebral palsy or other disabilities by providing grants of financial assistance for their diagnosis, treatment and management of illnesses and diseases
• To preserve and protect health among children who suffer from cerebral palsy or other disabilities by providing such grants and paying for items and services as the trustees see fit
We have identified the following specific priorities for the types of projects we wish to support:
1. supporting professionals and cares, communities and families for the advance of health and providing children with access to medical and social care tailored to their individual needs
2. paying for services, tools, furniture, food, clothes, equipment, facilities and other necessities intended to bring the quality of life of the beneficiaries to a reasonable standard
3. paying for patient transport services to and from public medical centres, where necessary to enable patients to access healthcare
4. providing grants of financial assistance for operations, hospital treatment and travel expenses, for children who need to go abroad for their treatment
5. referring children who are suffering from lifestyle diseases to appropriate medical professionals for treatment, if necessary
Open your heart and give a tiny bit of your fortune to the unfortunate angels in need, whose only wish is to live and enjoy childhood in the same way other children do.